Monday, October 26, 2009

Endless Road

Take me down,
back to shattered memories
of souls I have lost.
Take me back,
before the mistakes
and the final tears of goodbye.
Before I was stripped bare
of who you led me to be,
before I was a shell of a soul,
a broken heart
carried miles and miles away.
But soon the winds of change
will sway the branches in my favor,
while steady feet
hold my head high.
Let the trees bud
with lessons I have learned,
challenges I have conquered,
wisdom I have gained.
Let the world start anew,
from the branch of life,
to Adam and Eve,
to where we have been
and where I will go.
So it is written.

6 comments:

Mackenzie said...

ooo wow!! i looooove it!!! hmm the way im seeing it is that there are memories you are just remembering and some might not be the best ones. But you will be able to get through them with a little help and learn something valuable from them...idk its probs just me

Bela said...

Thank you!! And yeah, that's pretty much the general idea, Noodle :)

Mackenzie said...

haha ok!

Gina said...

Put down the field hockey stick for just a second and post something new! Even if it's crap. I like crap :)

By the way--reading Pride and Prejudice right now (finished Dracula a while ago). It has a lot more intrigue than Sense and Sensibility, or so it would seem. I'm enjoying it :) It's interesting that many parts of their lives are just as public, or more so, than ours, although they have to hide it behind strict codes of social behavior.

Bela said...

FINALLY GOT INTERNET BACK AFTER ABOUT A MONTH! I shall post on the first of the month, luvies!

Great book, Gina =) One of my personal favorites.

Gina said...

That's a relief. I was beginning to wonder what happened to you :)

Okay, best word verification EVER: pantlers